Friday, July 9, 2010

Good Old Red White and Blue!

My challenge for Scrap Play this week was to make a Red, White and Blue layout. Not having any patriotic pictures to scrap (how is it possible that I'm actually CAUGHT UP on something?) I pulled three pics of myself and my niece that fit the color scheme and presto- challenge fullfilled! Since I tend to work with muted over bright colors, my red white and blue assigment was translated into maroon and denim, with a notebook page ripped out and added for the white addition. I also came across a package of "hello my name is" stickers while digging through my stash, and decided this would be a perfect way to create my title block. I drew the letters for my title on chipboard, trimmed and added to the nametag for a little bit of the unexpected. Whether it's Independence Day, Memorial Day, or just another crazy day in the life of your family, red white and blue can be used all year long. Here's my assignment, along with another more patriotic RW&B layout.

Happy 4th!! =) T



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments put a smile on my face, please let me know you stopped by!