Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Birthday Girl Challenge #1!!

This week's challenge over at Sketches in Thyme is one that I KNOW you can do- it's an open challenge. And what exactly is an "open challenge" you may be asking? Well, it's a challenge that is OPEN for interpretation! If you're someone who needs a specific challenge to give you a boost in the scrappy direction, this might be tricky for you. Here's a sketch I decided to use that I found over at Lets Scrap:

 and here's my interpretation of that sketch:
Few little things to note on my layout....I printed the "take me out to the" letters onto a piece of ordinary lined notebook paper, and then cut out and attached to the layout. My "Ball Game" letters are thickers I found in a clearance bin an a lime green that did not AT ALL go with my layout. My solution? Emboss with black embossing powder. You'll note the "messiness" of the embossing powder all around the title, this is because I didn't get the brilliant idea to emboss until AFTER I adhered to the layout, and try as I might, those thickers were not going to budge without a fight! So, rather than tearing the cardstock, I embossed right on the layout- it adds a very "artsy" feel, dontcha think? (that's just something us creative types tell ourselves to make us feel better about the mess!) The 3 star brads are embossed in black as well. WARNING: if you're embossing metal brads, have tweezers on hand, those babies can conduct some serious heat!

Now...onto my Birthday Girl Challenge! My Bday is coming up on February 22, and to celebrate I'll be giving away an RAK of delicious little birthday goodies- paper, stickers, ribbon and other fun embellies. I will select one winner at random on 2/22/11 (the BIG day!!!), here's 3 different ways you can enter:

1-Become a follower, or comment letting me know you're a follower
2-Post a link to your interpretation of any-or all- of my Bday Girl Challenges (no limit on entries) in the comments section of appropriate blog post
3-Blog about my month-long Bday Girl Challenge on your blog, and be sure to post the link here!

Here's my first Birthday Girl Challenge for YOU: what about this blog post inspires you to get crafty? Is it the sketch? My messy embossing? Or perhaps the fun bingo cards I used as my background (yup, those are real bingo cards)... Become a follower of my blog (if you are not already) and post a link to your inspiration piece in the comments section by 2/22/11 (my bday!!!). I'd love to see what you're up to, and one lucky creative talent (chosen at random) will receive a little RAK from me! =) T

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tiffany! I really like this and I think the embossing adds a really neat touch. It's really different and that's what I like about it. I love all the cool embellies you used to!!

    Welcome to the Lasting Memories DT by the way! Look fwd to working with you!

    Can I add a comment with a link later? I have to get some crafty time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning! I've been following your blog for a little while. It's because I like to be surprised by the details you've chosen. I'll think on that and see if I can be inspired by your first challenge.

    I have had my share of "artistic" moments, when I want to change something AFTER it's been attached to a page. It drives me nuts and makes me laugh but they all seem to come off without a hitch. Once, it was a stamping error that other's like because it looked like I tried to mirror the real stamped images. Go figure!

    Oh, and right now, I'm thinking about your bingo card collection. I seem to have many and can't bring myself to use them. I think you've given me an idea for HOW. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I've included your birthday bash in my Friday Finds today.

    http://mommasaid-mommasaid.blogspot.com/2011/01/friday-finds-second-edition.html

    ReplyDelete

Your comments put a smile on my face, please let me know you stopped by!