Monday, July 18, 2011

Stressed Out!!

well, I'm not stressed out, it's summer here- no school, no work, just play!! But, the challenge at Lasting Memories this week is distressing, so I'm getting stressed out in the craftroom! Here's my latest layout:


Here's what I did to distress... First off I used a distressing tool to rough up the edges of my photo. Secondly, I tore the bottom edge of my vellum pattern paper to give that a rough edge. Vellum is fun to tear, it doesn't show in the photo, but it has a lovely white core when you tear into it. Thirdly, I added ink along all the edges, and I dragged two different ink pad across the white CS (I didn't have the right color to match the vellum; using both a mint green and a light blue kind of did the trick!). For my final distressing technique, I ran white paint across my chipboard shape before adding my title.

If you want more fabulous ideas for distressing your layouts, please visit the rest of the Lasting Memories Design Team, and be sure to link up your own distressed LO! =) T 

"Play by the Sea" is being entered in the following challenges:
-Scrap the Boys "play" + tape
-White With 1 white+aqua+chipboard

10 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! I love the colors and the beautiful flowers. Thanks for sharing and playing along with us over at Paper Playtime :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your summer layout. It calms me and makes me feel happy. Neat color choice.
    Thank you for playing along at Paper Playtime.
    Krista, guest designer
    www.KristasPaperCafe.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome absolutely awesome .... so unique and different .. love every piece of it .. hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great distressing! It seems as though you distressed your whole page, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is gorgeous .. I love the colors! WTG on this weeks challenge, you rocked it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So soft and pretty! Thanks for playing at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow a stunning piece of artwork, just love the background ..thanks for playing along at WW1

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this! love that background! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely layout! The aqua looks gorgeous with the sepia photo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful LO1 nice colors and embellish. TFS with us at paper Playtime.
    Zulma DT

    ReplyDelete

Your comments put a smile on my face, please let me know you stopped by!