Wednesday, March 21, 2012

One of a Kind and Berry Sweet

oops- just realized that I neglected to post 2 of my layouts from last week...which is SO me, I always seem to be playing catch-up with at least one aspect of my life!! First up, I have my layout for "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" challenge going on right now at Child's Play Challenges, and *SHOCKER* it's a 2-pager!! My scrapbooking life rarely calls for 2-page layouts anymore, but with 6 photos it just had to be done!


As you can see, this was a super-simple, made-in-minutes layout! Handcut 3 circles from gingham paper; drew my title with a black sharpie and filled in with white ink. My one little fun tip on this page- I snapped an upclose pic of the strawberries when we were done picking (before we started devouring them!) to use in place of pattern paper as borders along the sides of the photos. It's great to have that picture of the gorgeous ripe berries the kiddos worked so hard to pick!

Next up is my layout for the sketch challenge currently going on at Sketches in Thyme:


My son has really been into his t-shirts lately, so I wanted to do a layout that captured him in a couple of his favorites. These types of layouts are my favorite to do lately, maybe because my kiddos seem to be growing up soooo quickly and I'm trying to remember every little moment! But I really like to create these layouts as little paper time-capsules that we can go back to years from now and say, "Remember when you LOVED your waffles T-shirt?".

Thanks for stopping by! =) T

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments put a smile on my face, please let me know you stopped by!